Sunday, April 18, 2010

When a Door closes, a window opens....

I am so grateful to the Lord for his mercy & his light. I appreciate His words, and His guidance

Today during Sacrament meeting I saw a familiar face. A face I had not seen in nearly 17 years. A face that brought a smile to my day.

Jef Jones is married to my idol. Shirlyn Anderson was my childhood mentor. She was older and wiser, and so kind to me. I would watch her put make-up on preparing for dates, I would try on her clothes to find my personal style.

She lovingly taught me. I have always wanted to grow up to be like Shirlyn.

Jef is pretty phenomenal....

How inspiring and kind, and a joy to be with. I can't wait to spend more time with him, and his family. I am enjoying his books, I am thrilled with having them move into my neck of the woods!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

awesome D! I remember those names :) Though, I didn't get to know them like you did. Fun for you that they are by you! What a sweet post. Good reminder that someone might be looking up to us when we don't even know it! I bet she had no idea she was influencing you. She was prob just being who she is :) A great woman!