Friday, March 02, 2012

One day at a time....

Life and its twists and turns can feel like a violent storm at times.

When I think of all that has waved over me in emotions, thoughts, feelings, and direction, I am in awe. I love waking up with purpose, I love surrounding myself with friends who lift, honor, serve and love others.


It has been almost 9 years since I have struggled with severe debilitating depression.

It has been 9 years since I have vowed to immerse myself in service and love to all those I meet. I may not meet this goal on a daily basis, but I aim to be an encouraging face and a loving friend to all i meet.

This does not mean that I do not have my moments, weaknesses and frustrations overwhelm me at times, and I get down on myself or others.

Then I return to my journals and I evaluate what I am doing and where my energies are being spent, and this helps bring me back into alignment with my life goals.

Thank you for allowing me to express myself and to feel safe around you.

it is always enjoyable to know I can be strong or weak, and feel accepted and loved no matter what i am enduring.

1 comment:

Lia said...

D- I was just catching up on your posts. I was impressed with your willingness to bare your soul. I am always impressed with you, of course. I owe you so much. I know I will never be able to tell you how important you have been so many times. I am proud of you for striving to forgive, and to love all around you. And beyond. I hope for the best for you in your quest. Not because you deserve it (I always hate it when people say that. What does deserve mean anyway?), but because you will make the best of it. You will do whatever it takes to make it work. Thanks for sharing your heart with me. Love you, sis.