Monday, July 09, 2007

Medications

What do you think about anti depressants and or anti-anxiety meds?

I have taken them in the past, and I have read up on them since then, I am terrified to take them. My non-LDS Dr. suggested I simply take a 4 oz. glass of red wine each night. She says this will help with the anxiety and stress. It will also help with sleepless nights.

So which’s worse? The meds that may cause; Headaches, dizziness, heart palpitations, liver failure, pain in the extremities, shortness of breath, lack of sexual drive, and unexpected murderous rage if stopped abruptly.

Hmmmm......

What are the side effects of 4 oz of Red wine each day?

(I am obviously playing devils advocate here, I have not purchased the red wine.... yet ;)

3 comments:

Carrot Jello said...

Heck, while you're at it, why not pick up a case of beer, and a carton of cigarettes? LOL. Hmmm, wine sounds like a bad idea to me. Pretty soon a half glass won't work for you, and before you know it you'll be passed out on the bed with your kids all gathered around you saying, "what's wrong with mommy??" No, I'd go the anti-depressant, anti-anxiety route. Oh wait, I am going that route. I'm taking effexor. Medications are our friends, alcohol, is not. If one type of medication doesn't work for you, then try another, and another, until you find the perfect fit. That's what I did, and I know you want to be just like me.
P.s. I'm still WAITINg for you to e-mail me. I can send you some good mail. You know you want it. I'm not a psycho killer. Just ask Millie, or Annie, or Carronin, or NCS. They've met me in real life.

The Wes Gordon Family said...

Ah, man I though for SURE you would give me the green light! ;)

Actually I feel the same way, but I just cant bring myself to use meds again. Not yet.

I am trying all sorts of remedies in the natural feilds first, then if it doesnt work, then...sigh I suppose I am back to meds.

Becky said...

I Ditto Carrot.... It took a long time for me to finally decide to take med. I am on Zoloft. It has done wonders for me. Honestly, it has done wonders for my family. We function alot better when Mommy isn't so anxious. I hope that natural remedies work for you. Remember though, that medication isn't as bad as it may seem. Especially once you find the right one for you.