Friday, April 20, 2012

Thursday, or is it Saturday?

A M A Z I N G It is amazing to me how many people are willing to help. I have received several $28 donations, checks in the mail, and Paypal. I was able to deposit another $743 into the account ! You bet your bottom dollar I will be changing that thermometer!! We still have a LONG ways to go. But slow & steady wins the race! Peter has been catching up so quickly, he now has a very stable way of communicating his basic needs, as we introduce him to new signs and routines, he seems to enjoy it all. he has a bad habit of beating up on Elijah, and poor little Eli is such a tender heart, all he does it cry and take it. I m praying for a solution to this one, since Elijah would never hurt a flea... he is really struggling with this. We took the entire family to the KC temple open house. I am working on loading photos to share, we have a DINOSAUR of a computer and a digital camera that will ONLY sync with the DINO, so it takes a long time to load the photos. (both camera and computer are over 9 years old... ancient huh? j.k.) Rubi is such a hard worker! She has not been content to sit back and wait for the BIG events for fundraising, so she devised a plan, she baked ALL DAY 3 different types of cookies, Peanut Butter Cookies, World famous Chocolate Chip Cookies, and snickerdoodles. Once they were cooled enough, we loaded up 10 plates and I drove her into town. She proudly took them door to door to sell. In 1 hour she made $35! Then today we went out again and she sold 4 more plates! ($20 more ) I AM SO PROUD OF HER! She is such a go-getter 8 year old!! I should have taken photos, I apologize, next time I WILL! Thanks again everyone who has SHARED our story, SHARED the blog, spoken up about our needs, made phone calls to find donations for the auction, yard sale, and the many other events that are going on. In the end, it will all be worth it. When we get to take Peter to the temple and have him sealed to our family for all eternity. Good night. and THANK YOU!

No comments: